Last updated March 7, 2019.
Please review this document to understand:
- What we consider Personal Information.
- What Personal Information we collect.
- How we use and disclose your Personal Information.
- How you can access and change your account information.
- What security procedures are in place to protect the information.
- How to contact us if there are any problems or concerns.
- How we can update this Policy.
When using our services, you explicitly acknowledge and assent to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, do not use the Services. It is Nubelus’ policy to comply with data protection legislation, which grants you certain rights related to your Personal Information.
The Services may contain links to other web sites, products, or services that we do not own or operate (collectively, “Third Party Sites”). The Services also may contain links to Third Party Sites such as social networking services. This Policy applies to information collected on or through the Services and not Third Party Sites referenced from our Services. We cannot control and are not responsible for the information use practices of Third Party Sites or others who may access your information on or through the Services. When you click on links to Third Party Sites, we encourage you to read their privacy policies. Their standards may differ from ours. Additionally, please be aware that the Services may contain links to web sites and services that we operate but that are governed by different privacy policies. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies applicable to any web site or service you visit other than the Services.
What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” as used in this Policy, is information that specifically identifies an individual, such as an individual’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, resume or credit card information. Personal Information also includes information about an individual’s activities, such as information about his or her activity on our Services, and demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when any of this information is linked to Personal Information that identifies that individual.
Personal Information does not include “aggregate” or other non-personally identifiable information. Aggregate information is information that we collect about a group or category of products, services, or users that is not personally identifiable or from which individual identities are removed. We may use and disclose aggregate information, and other non-personally identifiable information, for various purposes.
What information do we collect?
In general, we do not collect user personal information, as a part of our services.
- We do not collect nor require private user information in order to use our services.
- E–mail Newsletters: We offer e-mail newsletters on our Services. If you sign up to receive a newsletter from us, we collect your e-mail address, but not your full name, address or any other personal information.
- Contact, Questions and Feedback: If you contact us with feedback, questions, or other correspondence, we will record any Personal Information contained within or associated with your correspondence.
- Activity on the Services: We record information from your use of the Services, such as pages viewed, type of browser, IP address, the nature of the device from which you are visiting the Services (e.g., a personal computer or mobile device), the identifier for any handheld or mobile device that you may be using, the web site that you visited immediately prior to accessing the Services, the actions you take using the Services, the content, features and activities that you access and participate in on our Services, and timestamps for such activities. We may also collect information regarding your interaction with e-mail messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
- Web Beacons: Like many websites and services, we use passive technologies such as standard server logs, cookies, clear GIFs and session variables (also known as “Web Beacons”). A cookie, for instance, is a small text file that our Service places on a user’s computer hard drive. Web Beacons enable us to deliver customized content to users, improve the effectiveness of advertising on the Services, and administer, operate and improve the Services. If we link or associate any information gathered through passive means with Personal Information, or if applicable laws require us to treat any information gathered through passive means as Personal Information, we treat the combined information as Personal Information under this Policy. We may use persistent cookies which may not have an expiration date but can be easily removed by following the instructions in your browser documentation. However, please be aware that you may not be able to access the Services or certain portions of the Services unless cookies are enabled. Also, please be aware that Third Party Sites linked to from the Services may set cookies on your hard drive or use other Web Beacons to passively collect information about your use of their services, Third Party Sites or content. We do not have access to, or control over, these third party means of passive data collection.
- Children’s Privacy: Collabmagazine.com is a general audience site. Children’s safety is important to us, and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active interest in the online activities of their children. Our Services are not directed toward children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from users under 13 years of age without obtaining parental consent. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 on our services, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have collected any Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 on our Services, please notify us at email@example.com.
How do we use and disclose Personal Information?
- Contests and Sweepstakes: If you enter a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion sponsored by a third party offered on or through the Services, we may share the information collected for that promotion with the sponsor. If you do not wish to have your information shared with a sponsor, do not enter the particular contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion.
- Analytics: We use Personal Information in conjunction with, for example, Google Analytics, to evaluate Service statistics as a whole and learn how to better serve public users and registered community users.
- International: Our servers and data centers are located in the European Union. If you choose to use the Services from outside the EU, then you should know that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of your region and into the EU for storage and processing. By providing your Personal Information to us through your use of the Service (for example, through the contact form on the “contact us”, “feedback” and similar pages), you agree to transfer, storage, and processing in the EU. Please be aware that other, connected services, such as MailChimp or Disqus might be storing data outside of European Union. Please refer to their data storage policies. If you do not agree with their data storage policies, please do not use these services.
- Public Areas: Some features on our Services may allow you to upload, post, or otherwise transmit User Materials to public areas of the Services, such as content that you post in a public profile on the Services. Please be aware that any Personal Information that you include within any User Materials will be made available to other users of the Services who view it. You include Personal Information in User Materials at your sole risk. Additionally, even after information posted on the Services is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Services. We cannot warrant or guarantee that any Personal Information that you provide on and in connection with the Services will not be accessed, viewed, or used by unauthorized persons.
- Business Transfers: Information about our users, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- To Protect our Interests: We also disclose Personal Information if we believe that doing so is legally required, or is in our interest to protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights or property of others, or otherwise to help protect the safety or security of our Services and other users of the Services.
How can you access and change your Personal Information?
Users may access or amend their Personal Information from our database by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request that we delete your information from any of our Services (by e-mail, or otherwise), we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your Personal Information in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
How can you change your communication settings
If you receive commercial e-mail from us provided by our third party service, MailChimp, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the e-mail (see “Communications” above).
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving e-mail from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your opt-out request, and you may receive commercial e-mail from us during that period.
How can you opt-out of tracking services?
We use Google Analytics to track website visits and behaviors, including remarketing, demographics and interest reporting features. You may opt out of interest-based ads by Google through Ads Settings and opt-out of Google Analytics tracking here.
You may opt-out of interest-based Twitter ads here.
What security procedures are in place to protect your Personal Information?
We use reasonable security measures that are designed to protect personal information from accidental loss, disclosure, misuse, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you provide to us. You transmit information to us at your own risk.
How can you contact us if there are any problems or concerns?
If problems arise or if you have any questions or comments about this Policy, you may contact CollabMagazine.com by email and we will make reasonable efforts to respond promptly and resolve any concerns.
How can we update this Policy?
We may occasionally update this Policy. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date at the beginning of the Policy. If we change this Policy in a manner that is materially less restrictive of our use or disclosure of your Personal Information, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of the change, for example by posting a prominently displayed notification on the Services, to obtain your consent prior to applying the change to any Personal Information that we collected from you prior to the date the change becomes effective. If you continue to use the Services after changes made to this Policy have been sent to you or published on our site, you hereby provide your consent to the changed practices and your continued use of the Services after such changes will be subject to the then-current policy. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information.